Technical Leader / Technical Advisor
Are you an open-minded, natural technology leader who is intrigued by customers and their challenges and eager to inspire your colleagues? Does working with international teams make your heart tick? If so, we’d love to hear from you!
We’re looking for a Technical Leader with broad experience of cloud-based digital product development, e-commerce platforms, and digital service delivery processes.
Who are we?
Making Waves is a full stack IT consultancy that creates digital industry leaders and helps them embrace digital transformation. Best described as a cross between a creative software house and an interactive agency, we design and develop a full range of digital services and solutions.
Kraków office consist of approximately 80 employees – developers, digital solution designers, web content specialists. The company strives to create an atmosphere in which employees can feel supported in their professional aspirations. This leads to the concept and practice of employees’ autonomy balanced with business goals.
What does a Technical Leader at Making Waves do?
- Stays up to date with technological trends, gives advice related to our projects’ and customers’ technology stack.
- Oversees selected project teams from a technical perspective, from problem identification through technical analysis and solution proposal preparation to development and delivery.
- Participates in delivery taking lead developer role.
- Takes responsibility for leading requirements gathering, technical analysis and architectural design of new solutions, conducts in-person and online meetings with our customers.
- Is a go-to-person for our developers, supports them in solving technical challenges and contributes proactively to technical risk mitigation in projects.
- Contributes to technical competence growth in the company, assists HR and Team Managers in building our technical competence development program.
- Occasionally works with the sales and marketing team to shape new technological offers for our customers. This may include taking part in tender processes, and/or visiting new customers for kick-off meetings.
- Maintains relations with other technical leaders and system architects from our partner agencies and offices across Scandinavia.
What experience does a Technical Leader need?
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Engineering (Computer/IT Systems, Software Development).
- +3 years in technical leading roles, facing external and international clients.
- Knowledge and practical experience of the full product lifecycle, from product design through testing best practices, delivery up to end-of-maintenance stages.
- Experience in designing and delivering cloud-based digital solutions, within distributed network and service-oriented architecture.
- Deep understanding of diverse aspects of software development including design patterns, authentication, performance, security, infrastructure set-up, continues integration, DevOps.
- Practical experience with Agile working practices (Scrum, Kanban).
- Collaboration with international customers and distributed teams.
- C1 level in English is a must to ensure the ability to communicate effectively about business and technical subjects with different audiences (customers, project teams, business people).
- Solid presentation skills.
We would like you to be familiar with one or more of the following:
- Cloud-based solutions and platforms.
- Web and mobile development.
- CMS solutions and platforms.
- e-Commerce solutions and platforms.
The following are not required but would be an advantage:
- People/team management experience.
- Project management experience.
- Public presentations or media publications.
What do we offer?
- Salary range: Senior -> 16 000 - 19 000 PLN GROSS (UoP) or 120 – 145 PLN/h (B2B)
- An opportunity to have a real impact on how we work.
- An unique organizational culture that supports innovation without imposing strict corporate rules.
- Flexible working hours, relaxing breaks and attractive benefits.
- A possibility for developing your passions in interest groups.
- An individual development plan and budget for international conferences and other personal development initiatives of your choice.
- Language classes in English.
- A well-stocked kitchen with bread, cheese, ham, yoghurt, cereal, coffee, tea and fresh fruit delivered every day.
- A great office with air purifiers and bicycle stands, right in the city centre next to the Old Town.
- Possibility to visit Oslo and/or Stockholm, if you like to travel.
More about us & our benefits
You can dive deeper into Making Waves’ company culture at our website. Still, the best thing is to contact us so that we can meet in person!