Senior Node.js Developer
Are you a passionate Node.js Developer willing to become a part of the team developing a modern marketing platform? If so, we may have a job for you!
We are looking for an experienced Node.js Developers to join our newly created team working for one of our clients, Swedish company Apsis. You will be a part of newly established 6-people team located in Krakow and consisting of a Product Owner, 3 Node.js Developers, Angular Developer and QA Engineer responsible for development of Apsis One, a cloud-based modern marketing platform.
Who are we?
Making Waves is a full stack IT consultancy that creates digital industry leaders and helps them embrace digital transformation. Best described as a cross between a creative software house and an interactive agency, we design and develop a full range of digital services and solutions.
Kraków office consist of approximately 80 employees – developers, digital solution designers, web content specialists. The company strives to create an atmosphere in which employees can feel supported in their professional aspirations. This leads to the concept and practice of employees’ autonomy balanced with business goals.
Who is our client Apsis?
Apsis is a Swedish company delivering marketing automation and personalization solutions. Apsis imagines a world where nobody gets a single spam message ever again. The vision is to help customers communicate better with their users by allowing them to use their customer data more effectively.
The new Apsis One platform is built from the ground up using brand new cloud-native technology and methods.
Apsis aims to work at the forefront of technology and development. We follow modern agile practices with cross-functional DevOps teams, where each team assumes complete technical and operational ownership of their applications, including not only implementation but full architectural design and tech selection, QA, continuous delivery and technical production environment operations.
What will be your responsibilities?
We believe in small, highly skilled, highly empowered and autonomous teams taking maximal ownership of their systems. In a typical day you will be working as part of such a team of approximately 6 people, working in close collaboration with team members and other similar teams.
The team has its own backlog of stories and tasks that the developers participate in the writing and grooming and prioritization of, and then work together to bring all the way to production deploy. As part of the development team, implement new features and solve engineering challenges in a modern, cloud-native, microservice-based tech stack.
- Be part of shaping our team’s development processes, system architecture, tools and practices to increase team velocity and developer quality of life.
- Support and coordinate development with other dev teams in the organization to ensure cross-team collaboration works smoothly.
- Respond to disruptions and proactively work to prevent such from occurring in the first place.
Who are you?
A desired candidate would have:
- 5+ years of professional development experience with a robust software engineering background including professional experience from architecture, security and operational excellence.
- Professional experience in working with Node.js, RESTful architecture, Docker, Amazon Web Services (ECS, RDS, DynamoDB, Lambda, API Gateway, ElasticSearch, CloudWatch).
- Interest in and ability to work hands-on with managing your own cloud infrastructure on a daily basis.
- Creative and solutions-oriented, someone who enjoys tackling big challenges and is not afraid to learn new things along the way.
- Strong sense of responsibility, someone who enjoys taking ownership of the work and who prides oneself on always delivering high quality.
- Proven ability to write high-performant, maintainable code.
- Collaborative mindset, ability to work as part of a very distributed development organization where many small teams need to coordinate.
Nice to have:
- Experience with Golang, Java or .Net is considered a merit.
- AWS certifications or equivalent evidence of advanced AWS competency.
- Experience from both development and technical operations / infrastructure / system administration.
- Experience with distributed systems engineering.
- Advanced knowledge of database technologies, NoSQL and/or Analytics engines.
- Professional experience with building SaaS software, especially from web analytics or digital marketing or equivalent.
- Experience with Email technologies and platforms.
- Experience from integration with 3rd party vendor systems.
What else can we offer?
- Salary range: 100 – 120 PLN/h (B2B).
- An opportunity to have a real impact on how we work.
- An unique organizational culture that supports innovation without imposing strict corporate rules.
- Flexible working hours, relaxing breaks and attractive benefits.
- A possibility for developing your passions in interest groups.
- An individual development plan and budget for international conferences and other personal development initiatives of your choice.
- Language classes in English.
- A well-stocked kitchen with bread, cheese, ham, yoghurt, cereal, coffee, tea and fresh fruit delivered every day.
- A great office with air purifiers and bicycle stands, right in the city centre next to the Old Town.
- Possibility to visit Oslo and/or Stockholm, if you like to travel.
More about us & our benefits
You can dive deeper into Making Waves’ company culture at our website. Still, the best thing is to contact us so that we can meet in person!