Senior .NET Developer
Who are we?
Making Waves is a full stack IT consultancy that creates digital industry leaders and helps them embrace digital transformation. Best described as a cross between a creative software house and an interactive agency, we design and develop a full range of digital services and solutions.
Kraków office consist of approximately 80 employees – developers, digital solution designers, web content specialists. The company strives to create an atmosphere in which employees can feel supported in their professional aspirations. This leads to the concept and practice of employees’ autonomy balanced with business goals.
What do we do?
We create solutions for well-known organizations like WHO (World Health Organization) or COOP (Sweden). Our projects vary from relatively short ones (3-12 months) to longer ones that last several years. When we start a new project, we choose modern technologies. We do not maintain clunky systems with 10+ year old code-bases.
In addition to established technologies like .NET, .NET CORE, ASP.NET MVC, SQL Server and Entity Framework, we are keen to introduce innovative tools such as:
- EPiServer, Umbraco, Contentful
- EPiServer Commerce, uCommerce
- Microsoft Azure Cloud, AWS, Elasticsearch stack,
- React & React Native, Flutter
What does a Senior ASP.NET Developer do?
- To us, a Senior Developer is not only an experienced developer but also a person with great communication skills.
- Seniors understand the development process and know how to work in a team.
- Seniors provide rather than need guidance and can help less experienced team members.
- Seniors are good consultants who often talk to customers directly.
- Seniors travel to our office in Oslo to work with our colleagues from Norway.
- Last but not least, seniors are also technically proficient developers with a proven record of projects.
Which skills does a Senior ASP.NET Developer need?
- We would like you to be proficient in C# and familiar with the .NET Framework – ideally, you keep yourself updated and know what’s new in the .Net Core and C# 8.
- We would like you to understand object oriented programming principles (and we would be delighted if you followed SOLID).
- We would like you to have working experience of ASP.NET MVC (we don’t specify the number of years, but we do want you to know this technology very well).
- Ideally you also have experience of CMS/e-commerce platforms (although this is not mandatory).
- We would like you to have an understanding of Continuous Integration.
- We would like you to have an understanding of Scrum/Kanban or another Agile methodology.
- Ideally you also have previous experience of tools like Git, TeamCity, Octopus Deploy, Azure DevOps, Jira, Visual Studio Team Services – we use all of them.
- We would like you to be proactive and willing to use your own initiative.
- We would like you to be a team player.
- We would like you to be able to communicate well in English.
- Ideally you will have the mindset of a consultant (a willingness to help our customers).
What else can we offer?
- Salary range: Regular 10 000 - 16 000 PLN GROSS (UoP) or 80 – 120 PLN/h (B2B)
- An opportunity to have a real impact on how we work.
- An unique organizational culture that supports innovation without imposing strict corporate rules.
- Flexible working hours, relaxing breaks and attractive benefits.
- A possibility for developing your passions in interest groups.
- An individual development plan and budget for international conferences and other personal development initiatives of your choice.
- Language classes in English and Polish.
- A well-stocked kitchen with bread, cheese, ham, yoghurt, cereal, coffee, tea and fresh fruit delivered every day.
- A great office with air purifiers and bicycle stands, right in the city centre next to the Old Town.
- Possibility to visit Oslo and/or Stockholm, if you like to travel.
More about us & our benefits
You can dive deeper into Making Waves’ company culture at our career website. Still, the best thing is to contact us so that we can meet in person!