Do you often think of different products or services that you wish existed? Do you dream of working within integrated teams where business developers, creatives, programmers, and designers collaborate to solve people’s everyday problems? Then come and join us!
Making Waves specializes in service innovation and digital transformation. Our offering comprises strategy, design, content, analytics, and the development and management of digital products and services. With the best people in the industry, we deliver market-leading and business-critical digital services and products.
As a Product Manager at Making Waves you will be responsible for leading the delivery of projects. You'll operate as the primary point of contact for clients, to ensure successful delivery across the project lifecycle from initiation through to implementation and handover. You will be part of multidisciplinary teams working on both new projects and product optimization, where knowledge exchange, transparency and a high level of trust is key. You will engage at a variety of levels within a client's organization offering advice and assistance in areas such as project/program management, elaboration of creative concepts, release management, test management, team leadership, facilitation and agile engineering.
About the role
The Product manager will be responsible for a portfolio of clients, the development and deployment of our customers products and services. The successful individual ensures that his/her product meets the evolving needs of the client through continual innovation, evaluation and deployment. They will utilize strong organizational, process and creative problem-solving skills while executing multi-business stakeholder management. The product manager will have the experience to be successful in a dynamic, complex environment and under deadline pressures. They will coordinate the efforts of a scrum team or a set of scrum teams within a DAD (Disciplined Agile Development) cross functional team (stakeholders, designers, developers and analytics) to deploy the new features across various clients and a variety of markets.
In this role, you’ll work closely with our clients to develop digital products, customer acquisition and retention strategies in an agile environment, and, become an indispensable resource for our team. Along with the client product owner, you will have the ultimate responsibility for decision making and prioritization for your backlog working with markets, compliance, marketing, design, and engineering leaders to convert the product vision into a well-managed development roadmap with a set release cycle.
- Identify opportunities and drive product strategy, roadmap, and features
- Managing the product life cycle from strategic planning to tactical execution;
- Lead the product functional design and UX design process based on an intimate knowledge of the customer and technology;
- Prioritize development work and balance the requirements of customers and stakeholders;
- Enable analytics-driven decision making to evolve products and usage;
- Evangelize the product both internally and externally and shepherd products through the development process, advocating to achieve the best outcomes;
- Interact with customers to identify needs, opportunities, and gaps, and solve problems;
- Brainstorm and negotiate effectively with various stakeholders to continuously define feature priority;
- Help your team develop products by making difficult tradeoffs and removing roadblocks;
- Establish the product’s goals and reviewing success metrics to achieve commercial success;
- Prioritize feature/story backlog;
- Lead the business features breakdown into Platform features and stories;
- Lead and/or write stories for scrum teams;
- Plan and schedule team resources using out project management software;
- Track, manage, and report of client budgets;
- Serve as the primary point of contact for multiple client engagements and assist Making Waves’ leadership with growing the account relationship;
- Maintain an agile mindset and be a transformation champion;
- Strive to anticipate client and stakeholder needs and plans accordingly.
What you’ll get
- Growth and development opportunities
- A laid back office and casual dress code
- 25 days paid vacation
- Company paid health insurance premiums
- A collaborative environment with supportive cross-functional partners
- A team focused on agile methodologies and leading new Technology
- Exposure to product innovation in a growing organization
- Valuable experience running product applications
- Support and expertise from all levels of the Making Waves team
- Benefits including Health, Vision, Dental, 401K match, Life Insurance, Commuter Benefits, and an incredibly supportive team cheering you on!
- Daily breakfast, drinks, and snacks
What you have
- Product development experience as Product Owner/ Product Manager / Project Manager 2-4 years of relevant experience working with agile methodologies
- Experience with KPIs
- Ability to effectively adapt under changing task priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Strong organization, great time management skills, and attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter with good influencing skills and a passion to learn
- Project management skills
- Knowledge of digital products or financial services preferred
- Ideal candidate has worked on both the business and technology side
- Intimate knowledge of and experience in SDLC
The position is for our Chicago office. If you are interested, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org