Currently, we’re looking for a BI Consultant who can join our small Team in Kraków. You will be a key person, responsible for development of financial and operational reports (management reporting platform) for top managers from The North Alliance Group.
Who we are ?
Making Waves is a full stack IT consultancy that creates digital industry leaders and helps them embrace digital transformation. Best described as a cross between a creative software house and an interactive agency, we design and develop a full range of digital services and solutions.
Kraków office consist of approximately 80 employees – developers, digital solution designers, web content specialists. The company strives to create an atmosphere in which employees can feel supported in their professional aspirations. This leads to the concept and practice of employees’ autonomy balanced with business goals.
We are a part of a Scandinavian media group The North Alliance (https://www.thenorthalliance.com/).
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- At least 3 years’ experience working with databases.
- Fluency in writing performant SQL queries and designing databases.
- Prior experience of using at least one ETL tool to extract, transform and load data.
- Experience of normalized and denormalized data modelling techniques using star and snowflake schemas.
- Knowledge of tuning queries on an enterprise level data warehouse using explain plans, indexing and database configuration techniques.
- Experience working with Power BI or other BI tool.
- Interest in data analysis and visualization.
- Experience in visualizing data and data storytelling would be appreciated.
- Ability to work independently.
- Good English skills (speaking & writing).
- Working with database management systems, creating queries in SQL, building data supply automation processes, building and maintaining databases.
- Supporting users in maintaining and developing the implemented Business Intelligence (Power BI) solutions.
- Cooperation in the automation of analytical processes.
- Design and implementation of solutions in the area of databases, data warehouses and reporting.
- Cooperation with teams from various business areas in the company as part of the development of data warehouses and Business Intelligence.
- Adjusting the visualization of results to the needs of business recipients (internal and external).
What do we offer?
Salary: 10 000 - 14 000 PLN gross/month (UoP) or 80 – 108 PLN/h (B2B)
- Assistance in achieving expert skills and clear objectives
- A unique organizational culture that supports innovation without imposing strict corporate rules.
- An opportunity to have a real impact on how we work.
- Flexible working hours, relaxing breaks and attractive benefits.
- A possibility for developing your passions in interest groups.
- An individual development plan and budget for international conferences and other personal development initiatives of your choice.
- Language classes in English and Polish.
- A well-stocked kitchen with bread, cheese, ham, yoghurt, cereal, coffee, tea and fresh fruit delivered every day.
- Social benefits (MultiSport card, life insurance, private medical health care - LuxMed)
- A great office with air purifiers and bicycle stands, right in the city centre next to the Old Town.
More about us?
You can dive deeper into Making Waves’ company culture at our career website. Still, the best thing is to contact us so that we can meet in person! 😊