Making Waves is an IT consultancy that delivers software services, including web solutions based on ASP.NET. Currently there is a chance to join our technology team as a Senior .NET Developer.
What do we do?
We create solutions for well-known organizations like FIFA, Intersport and Nordic Choice Hotels. Our projects vary from relatively short ones (3-12 months) to longer ones that last several years. When we start a new project, we choose modern technologies. We do not maintain clunky systems with 10+ year old code-bases.
In addition to established technologies like ASP.NET MVC, SQL Server and Entity Framework, we are keen to introduce innovative tools such as
- EPiServer, EPiServer Commerce
- RavenDB, Elastic, Xamarin
- KnockoutJS, AngularJS, Polymer
What does a Senior ASP.NET Developer do?
- To us, a Senior Developer is not only an experienced developer but also a person with great communication skills:
- Seniors understand the development process and know how to work in a team
- Seniors provide rather than need guidance and can help less experienced team members
- Seniors are good consultants who often talk to customers directly
- Seniors travel to our office in Oslo to work with our colleagues from Norway
- Last but not least, seniors are also technically proficient developers with a proven record of projects
Which skills does a Senior ASP.NET Developer need?
- We would like you to be proficient in C# and familiar with the .NET Framework – ideally, you keep yourself updated and know what’s new in the .NET Framework 4.5 / C# 5
- We would like you to understand object oriented programming principles (and we would be delighted if you followed SOLID)
- We would like you to have working experience of ASP.NET MVC and/or WebForms (we don’t specify the number of years, but we do want you to know this technology very well)
- Ideally you also have experience of CMS/e-commerce platforms (although this is not mandatory)
- We would like you to have an understanding of Continuous Integration
- We would like you to have an understanding of Scrum/Kanban or another agile methodology
- Ideally you also have previous experience of tools like SVN, Git, TeamCity, CruiseControl, Octopus Deploy, Jira – we use all of them
- We would like you to be proactive and willing to use your own initiative
- We would like you to be a team player
- We would like you to be able to communicate well in English
- Ideally you will have the mindset of a consultant (a willingness to help our customers)
What else can we offer?
- Salary range - 9500 - 14500 PLN
- A positive atmosphere and managers who try to help rather than dictate
- Breakfast every morning in our canteen (bread, cheese, fruit & veggies, jam, cereal)
- A training budget for personal development (for example to become a Scrum Master), conferences (we often go to NDC) or other types of self-development