Do you dream of working within integrated teams where business developers, creatives, programmers, and designers collaborate to solve people's everyday problems? Then come and join us!
Making Waves specializes in service innovation and digital transformation. Our offering comprises strategy, design, content, analytics, and the development and management of digital products and services. With the best people in the industry, we deliver market-leading and business-critical digital services and products.
Making Waves is fully owned by The North Alliance (NoA), a family of leading Scandinavian communications and technology companies. NoA, has offices in Chicago, New York, Oslo, Stockholm, Copenhagen, Kraków, Tokyo, and Singapore.
Your responsibilities will include…
As a Senior Digital Designer, you’ll help lead our team with forward-thinking design. We want work that speaks to people. Big ideas that make people cock their heads and consider things in a new light. We want fresh designs—the kind that come from the heart and soul.
You’ll work with strategists, developers and other creatives from around the world to bring all that amazing work to people’s lives. You are the human touch in websites, apps, digital tools and products, campaigns and more.
You’ll report directly to the Creative Director and some specific responsibilities are:
- Come up with concepts and designs that meet the objectives of the client and the brief (when there is one)
- Collaborate with strategists, client directors, and developers
- Design big sweeping experiences, and small interactions
- Manage the day-to-day of your projects—there’s plenty of autonomy here but you have to be organized and proactive
- Deliver work under deadlines and on budget
- Present your work internally and in front of clients
We’re looking for someone who…
You know how to come up with a concept first, and details later. You know how to bring a great concept to life (even if it isn’t yours) and you know how to sell it. You care.
A few specifics include:
- You’re a good person
- You’re the type of person who is always ahead of the curve
- You’re a divergent thinker who says “what if” often
- 5 years of experience in graphic design
- 3 years of experience in an agency setting
- A strong understanding of design for web and mobile
- A sparkling portfolio demonstrating big thinking and attention to detail
- Experience working with big clients and small ones, too
- Mastery of digital design tools such as Sketch and the Adobe Creative Suite
What you’ll get from us includes…
- A laid back office and casual dress code
- 25 days paid vacation
- Company paid health insurance premiums
- 401K match
- Daily breakfast, drinks, and snacks
- Growth and development opportunities
- Possibilities for international travel
- Brilliant colleagues from around the world